Thursday 24 October 2013

Onomatopoeia Poems

 

Camping

Crack! Crack!
The fire crackles under the stars.
Sizzle! Sizzle!
The water sizzles above the fire.
Crunch! Crunch!
The campers crunching on potato chips.

 Click! Clack! Click! Clack!
The tent poles clicking and clacking together.
Rustle 
! Rustle!
As we prepare our sleeping bags to go to sleep.

Chirp! Chirp!
The crickets say, “good-night”.

 Chirp! Chirp!
The crickets say, “good-night”.
 
 

Mum & Dad Are Home

Slam! Slam!
Go the car doors.
Jangle! Jangle!
Go the house keys.

Jiggle! Jiggle!
Go the keys in the door.
Squeak!
Goes the front door!
Thump! Thump!
That is me running down the stairs.
Guess what?
Mum and Dad are home!!
 
HAVE A GO AT WRITING YOUR OWN ONOMATOPOEIA POEM!

20 comments:

charlie love said...

TO MRS Henry I love the onomatopoeia thing on the. it is really funny. Of the Mrs Mugger classroom I love it.

Abbey Hannigan said...

I have had fun learning about onomatopoeia poems.

ASHLEIGH SELLARS said...

ONNMATOPOEIA POEME AEE GOOD.




ASHLEIGH SELLARS

Charlie J :) said...

Hi Mrs Henry I like onomatopoeia poems they are fun. :) :O

Adam Brabant said...

Dear Mrs Henry, Mrs Winnacott, I have been thinking of Onomatopoeia poems. My favourite place is Themepark.

sam bostock said...

Mrs Henry I realy like Mrs Munger's onomatopoeia video.

caitlin said...

hi I am going to practaest my ploem.caitlin

Luke said...

I love learning about onomatopoeia.
It's so fun.

Jake said...

Hi Mrs Henry,
I have been practising a few onomatopoeia poems at home.

Feliiccity said...

Hi Mrs Henry, I love learning about onomatopoeia.

Rory said...

hi Mrs Harny
I think that is great powem.

Anonymous said...

hello Mrs henry onomatopoeia is a piece poetry that has a sound describing the word and I love learning about it it is so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!from steph!

dekoda said...

I have learnt about how to write a poem and I have learnt about kwanza.

Leah said...

cool pone Mrs Harry.

abbey said...

It is very fun.you are rosm like a shoting sare wish gos the sare.

belle said...

Hi Mrs Henry in church there is a boy Tim and he has got cansa and I hope you are praying for him.








Charlie love said...

To Mrs HENRY I love the new alliteration poems that we have doing this week. You are the best teacher ever :):):)

Noah Vella said...

Hi every one.my new School is awesome and I haveit forgot about
you all mis you bye.
Noah Vella

charlie love said...

To Mrs Henry I love the shack a shack it is really cool. I love it so much I want to be a marker on that and if I do I'll coaney the band

Year 5 said...

I hope you are enjoying your new school Noah. We all miss you too.
Mrs Henry